Suddenly, the Mirror Breaks
Breaking a mirror will give you seven years of bad luck! We all know this, but what can you do about it? If you’ve recently broken a mirror or just want to be prepared, I’ve got seven fast techniques that can save your soul. Keep in mind, these should be used as quickly as possible, before your luck runs out.
Hi, I’m Krista, Mirror Geek with TwoWayMirrors! Here’s the list:
- Throw salt over your left shoulder as soon as possible, into the Devil who lurks there. According to the Morton Salt website, the French throw a little behind them to hit him in the eyeball. This will buy you some time to crawl under a table and come out the opposite side.
- Without hesitation, spin around three times counter clockwise. [cut to whip scene drone footage] Careful not to do this unless you’ve just broken a mirror, as doing so on it’s own brings you bad luck itself. Doing it after breaking a mirror is to confuse the spirits.
- Grind the mirror shards into a fine powder. This prevents more reflections from being viewed in the broken mirror.
- Reuse the glass in a craft project. Pretend it wasn’t an accident.
- Here’s a tip that works if you have a bit more time, and all else has failed. Toss the pieces into a south running stream. This will wash away the bad luck in only seven HOURS instead of seven years. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
- Use flames to blacken the mirror fragments, then bury them exactly one year later. Unfortunately, you’ll still have one year of bad luck until then.
- Take a single piece of the broken mirror and touch it to a tombstone. This works immediately to lift the curse.
- Bury the pieces very far into the ground where the spirits can’t find them. Best to do this at night so your reflection can’t be taken with them.
How do you know it’s worked? If you can’t see your reflection in a mirror anymore, it’s too late. Having a lucky charm such as a horseshoe or 4 leaf clover may help.
So why is it seven years, and not just three or four? It dates way back to Roman times, when they believed it took seven years for a soul to renew itself. The myth itself dates back much further, the oldest mirrors we know of date back to Anatolia in 6,000 BC.
Do you have any other tips with remedy bad luck? Let me know about it in the comments below!